Mountain Bike Camp – Level 4
As of now, all weeks of the Level 4 camp are sold out for 2021, but you can add your child to the waitlist by following the registration link below. It will ask for a credit card and show what the total amount would be, but not actually charge you unless something opens up and we check with you first.
The format of this week of camp is based on the ability of older kids to ride all day at various locations throughout Colorado Springs. Kids should have shown proficient skills at levels 2/3 or be comfortable riding Blue and Black Diamond rated trails. Riding time is extended (~80 miles covered during the week), technical riding skills are practiced throughout a ride, and coaches help kids to identify various line choices, handling bikes with more control. Kids also learn more bicycle maintenance, with a focus on trail-side repairs.
In order to ride a variety of terrain throughout the week, the Level 4 camp rides at a different park each day. In 2021, we expect to meet at the following locations:
- Monday – Pinon Valley Park (a neighborhood park bordering Ute Valley) – 5585 Mule Deer Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80919.
- Tuesday – Ridgeway Parkling lot for Stratton Open Space/Cheyenne Canyon
- Wednesday – 31st Street Trailhead for Red Rocks
- Thursday – Palmer Park at the lot near Maizeland and Academy – 3600 Maizeland Road, 80909
- Friday – Cheyenne Mountain State Park – 410 State Park Road, 80826
Session 1 May 31 - June 4, 2021 9:00am - 3:00pm Location Varies Daily
Session 2 June 14 - 18, 2021 9:00am - 3:00pm Location Varies Daily
Session 3 July 26 - 30, 2021 9:00am - 3:00pm Location Varies Daily
Session 4 Aug 2 - 6, 2021 9:00am - 3:00pm Location Varies Daily