Level 6 Mountain Biking – *invitation only*
Some details still in development. Contact Camp Manager, Mark Schenberger (firstname.lastname@example.org), or head coach, Kip Biese (email@example.com) for more information on eligibility.
Level 6 Mountain Biking Camp will involves 5 days of long, challenges rides with rewarding views and some of the most fun trails in the Pikes Peak region. In addition to the riding skills, participants will learn related skills that will serve them well on future adventures outside of camp like route planning/map reading, nutrition considerations for all-day rides, and trail-side mechanics.
While the exact route ridden each day may depend on weather and trail conditions closer to the start of camp as well as how tired or not the group is after a given day, the following is the planned tentative schedule for the camp week:
- Monday, 8am-5pm – Drop off at the upper Cheyenne Canon parking lot and pickup at the Pedal Station with a long climb up the Canon and descent down Jones Park.
- Tuesday, 8am-3pm – Monument trail system
- Wednesday, 8am-5pm – Another Cheyenne Canon ride either beginning/ending at the Upper Gold Camp Parking lot (dependent on USFS use permission).
- Thursday, 8am-3pm or 5pm – Northwest Colorado Springs trails with exact route and time depending on some land use permissions.
- Friday, 8am-3pm – Palmer Park with trail connections to Austin Bluffs and/or more focus on specific skill work depending on groups energy levels by the end of the week.
5th - 10th
Session 1 August 9-13th 8am-3pm or 5pm Various locations