Level 4 – Girls Only
We have three divisions of girls mountain biking camps. This camp is for girls with more advanced mountain biking skills, equivalent to our general Level 4 camp. Our girls camps are led by strong and talented women role models who teach mountain biking skills, develop character, and otherwise develop skills that empower girls to embrace a life of bike riding and becoming ambassadors of the sport.
The format of this week of camp is based on the ability of older kids to ride all day at various locations throughout Colorado Springs. Kids should have shown proficient skills at Girls Advanced (or Level 2/3) or be comfortable riding Blue and Black Diamond rated trails. Riding time is extended (~70-80 miles covered during the week), technical riding skills are practiced throughout a ride, and coaches help kids to identify various line choices, handling bikes with more control. Kids also learn more bicycle maintenance, with a focus on trail-side repairs.
In order to ride a variety of terrain throughout the week, the Level 4 camp rides at a different park each day. In 2021, we expect to meet at the following locations:
- Monday – Pinon Valley Park (a neighborhood park bordering Ute Valley) – 5585 Mule Deer Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80919.
- Tuesday – Ridgeway Parkling lot for Stratton Open Space/Cheyenne Canyon
- Wednesday – 31st Street Trailhead for Red Rocks
- Thursday – Palmer Park at the lot near Maizeland and Academy – 3600 Maizeland Road, 80909
- Friday – Cheyenne Mountain State Park – 410 State Park Road, 80826
6th - 10th grade
Session 1 July 12th - 16th 9am-3pm Changes daily