Daniel is a huge advocate for everyone-especially kids-utilizing bikes to explore, have fun, and enjoy the beauty only found in Colorado Springs. Daniel received his bachelors of Social Work from Colorado State University and has a vast background in working with kids as a coach, counselor, and social worker. During his time at Urban Peak, he started up the Bike Program to help homeless youth earn a bike of their own. Daniel brings together a huge passion for kids and bicycles and hopes to strengthen every aspect of Kids on Bikes in order to have a huge impact on his home town of Colorado Springs.
General Manager, Mountain Equipment Recyclers
Jake lead the charge in May 2016 to open the Pedal Station, our community bike center. He has over 10 years in the outdoor recreation industry as well as 7 years managing the Air Force Academy Bike Shop. Jake received his bachelors degree in Parks, Recreation and Tourism from University of Missouri – Columbia and is a graduate from Barnett Bicycle Institute. He loves to tinker on bikes, is an amateur frame builder and loves to experience everything outdoors – including riding his bike.
Steph Fryer comes to Kids on Bikes as a lifelong athlete, coach, and advocate for healthy and active lifestyles. She has a Bachelors degree in Psychology from Colorado College, and a Masters in Sport Science from East Tennessee State University. Along with her husband, she has several local rental properties including one that provides affordable and flexible housing for Olympic Training Center athletes. As a former competitive cyclist she is excited to get more involved in the local cycling community, and to help make cycling an accessible activity for everyone.
Bike Inventory Strategist
Nick comes to us as an Americorps VISTA from Illinois. He graduated with his B.S. in Psychology from Western Illinois University in 2014. Upon graduation, Nick accepted a position at a residential treatment center. This is where he noticed the genuine happiness that came from being active outdoors, and how it seemed to clear the mind of any problem or struggle that people were facing. Nick has always had a desire to help where help is needed, and felt Kids on Bikes was a perfect fit. In his free time you’ll often find Nick playing disc golf, at a local coffee shop, or riding his bike.
School and Family Outreach Coordinator
Mark comes to us as an AmeriCorps VISTA from Philadelphia, PA. While a student at Ohio State University, his interests shifted from business, to sustainable and active transportation after experiencing the great bicycle structure in Denmark. Since graduating in 2015, he has been interning at the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia. Mark hopes to bring his love for bikes and passion for sustainability to Kids on Bikes. When not working, Mark can be seen tripping over rocks on the local running trails and eating entire pizzas in one sitting.
Pedal Station Mechanic
Daniel comes to us as a supporter of Kids on Bikes and a volunteer at the Pedal Station. As someone with an aptitude for all things mechanical, Daniel loves tinkering with bikes and helping others see a side to bicycles that they may not have before. He has worked with a few programs similar to the Pedal Station over the years in California, Colorado, and Washington. He is a visionary having seen the community first hand created through cycling while on his solo self supported bike tour 2500 miles across the country. Currently, Daniel is an avid mountain biker shredding the local singletracks!
Paige Carmichael is the Founder of Kids on Bikes, Inc. In 1999, Paige helped found Carmichael Training Systems, the world leader in endurance coaching and training. Her commitment is to help provide solutions to rising childhood obesity rates and highlight the benefits of physical activity for children. Paige believes every child deserves to experience the joy, freedom, and confidence of owning a bike. Through Kids on Bikes, she is able to reach the community to provide new possibilities for children.
Board of Directors
- President, Brian Colvert, President, Bonfire Financial
- Vice President and Founder, Paige Carmichael, Co-Founder, Carmichael Training Systems
- Treasurer, Aaron Kacala, Tax Associate, BiggsKofford
- Secretary, Stephanie Surch, Outreach and Advocacy Coordinator, Criterium Bicycles
- Doug Bursnall, DSM Conservation Specialist Sr, Colorado Springs Utilities
- Erica Mulder, M.D. Pediatrician, Iron Horse Pediatrics
- Amanda Blough, Owner, InnerSocial Marketing
- Trent Hovenga, M.D, Surgeon
- Kevin Porter, Vice President, Marketing, Sales and Communications, AspenPointe
- Laura Peeters, Of Counsel Intellectual Property Transactions, Holland and Hart
- Randy Culver, Founder, AMERGINT Technologies
- Deb Mahan, Vice President, Kirkpatrick Bank
- Heather Carroll, President and Executive Director, Joseph Henry Edmondson Foundation
- Lisa Voight, Outreach Education Consultant, USADA
- Carey Wall Stark, Attorney, Carrey Wall Stark Law Office, LLC
- Jocelyn Wall, Senior Vice President, Kirkpatrick Bank
- Lizanne Stableford, Financial Controller, HEI
- Steve Recca, Senior Policy Advisor, Pacific Disaster Center
- Kathleen Rand Burke, Retired Teacher, District 11 Schools
- Sara Boatz, Owner, Sara Strategies